Monday, March 8, 2010

Lost Count; Reset


Time out!

Do over!

Wait!

Someone let me off this ride... now!

That's been my life in a nutshell for the past week and some. As today fades out in a less than stellar fashion, I am reminded that, God-willing, I'll have a do over tomorrow. Lord help me, I don't really want a do over... I want a let's pretend yesterday never happened.

I've really struggled this past week to find something pertinent to say. Given the state of things in my life, I think what I need to say, at least to myself, is that it's really alright to screw up. I tell my kids all the time that mistakes are good -- we learn what doesn't work, what needs improvement, what to avoid, and how to grow. Mistakes can hurt. Growing can hurt. Improvements often look worse than what we started with, until they're finished.

I am worth my mistakes.

1 comment: