Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feb 4: 5 Years to get here... WHOOHOOOO


Let me just say God is good... but not just good.. GRAND... AMAZING... SOOOOOO GOOD TO ME!

I am elated today. My son Josef is a precious boy. Adorable.. Loving... scatterbrained... easily frustrated... lacks in following direction...
Sounds like a normal 10 year old boy. Except Josef struggles in school to the point that he has very poor marks and becomes very exasperated with the whole process.

We started talking to, paying for and seeking help, testing, more testing, inconclusive testing, great teachers, bad teachers, great teachers agian....all to say

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I spent 2 hours in a meeting with the powers that be and they have a plan. They have an answer. I am so excited to see my son this morning feeling vindicated that he does try hard. He has an auditory memory and processing deficit.
He can not recall information or process what he hears when you talk to him completely. Example: you say "Josef please get a pencil, paper and clipboard" he hears clipboard... and nothing else.

He has been over compensating by deciding what he thinks needs to be done and becomes ridged in his thought not allowing him to change coarse very easily.

He will be having success finally through speech therapy twice a week provided by the school.

YEARS of "I think he has ADD" or "He is just being oppositional" or "he is simply not paying attention!"

Can you imagine how frustrating it is for him... everyday to be in a place where you just don't get it! Then to come home to parents who have been told "he is being lazy". God is going to use this in his life. I thank God he has such a great attitude, or it could have been a much more frustrating process.

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I am so happy that he has a plan of action. He doesn't have to do lab or be in a LD class, simple to fix through therapy. They are even going to help us at home with retraining.

GOD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

We are on our path to success! I know my son was worth the effort to get here. I am thankful that we never gave up on him, because God never gives up on us. We have a great example!

And THAT IS WHY GOD IS WORTHY OF MY PRAISE.

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment