Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3: Day of Reflection

Remember yesterday's post about paper clutter and not staying on top of things costing me? Well, I woke up this morning, much too early, thinking about library fines. Darn! This is a problem fairly easily remedied - we only go to the library on Mondays because we are already at the park. My rule this year is going to be "no books if there's a holiday within the 3 week loan period." I am worth so much more than a library fine.

Since I was up and worrying, I decided I ought to do something a little more pro-active... so I prayed. There was nothing in particular to focus on, I just spent some time being in the Lord's presence. I tend to procrastinate, even in my prayer life. And it was brought to my attention this morning that that needs to change. So my new plan is to pray a simple morning offering as I make my bed (because you know I'm already going to do that, and attaching a new habit to an existing one makes it much easier to keep consistent). It will be something along the line of:

Father, I thank You for this day. I thank You for my very life, my family, my home, and my responsibilities. I offer You all my thoughts, words and deeds today and pray that they will glorify You. Amen.

It's not much, but it's a start. And I am worth a new beginning every day. I'm a child of God, after all, and He is worth all of my adoration. He thinks I am worth knowing - how amazing is that? So... if He thinks that, how can I just rip through the day without a little chat here and there?

*** *** *** *** ***

Now, if you are not a Christian*, start your day with a few moments to center yourself. I truly don't know what would be a similar start to the day, but you can and will find something that will aid you in finding your worth.

*I make no apologies for my faith and speaking about it, but I am certainly not going to tell you "think the way I do, or you're doomed to be eternal toast." If you are reading this and truly want to find your worth, I honestly think you'll end up finding it in the Lord. How that happens, where you've been, what you've experienced isn't for me to judge or even comment on. But please know that you have my heartfelt warmest prayers in your efforts to find your worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment