Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day Six: I am to DIE for!!!!!!!!!


"I have to say no to some of my likes, to be able to say yes to some of my LOVES!"
Cindy at Cottage Instincts said this on her blog... (check her blog out.. it is awesome, check out the ruminate entry about interior design)

Like a lightening bolt from heaven this hit me, with that one statement my life will never be the same.

I don't know what my loves are, because my life is cluttered with likes and some not so likes but doable, and even some thanks for that free thing I will make it work if it kills me not so likes.

This little statement is going to change my life. I am going to get to know myself through this process. I am excited to meet me.

Joan Curtis, this is Joan Curtis.. Nice to meet me.

Some of my absolute not likes are things like really spicy food, people who don't keep their word, disloyalty, and unnecessary drama.

What I like/love... people.. lots of people.
I love to go to events when there are a lot of people around.
I like to take pictures of people, mostly my kids. I love to take pictures of my kids.
I love good movies....I love true stories where the hero overcomes whatever the obstacle/demon to accomplish their dream/goal, to win the good fight.

I love Jesus. I know that my life has totally changed because of my relationship with God... some of my friends from younger years will agree (even Lucy).

I have been enjoying reading other peoples blogs lately to really learn about this blogging thing. Lots of people have awesome things to say!!! I love that! I love the written word.

I can't wait to learn about myself and to really know what I value, so as to treat myself and those around me with worth...

you can't really know what something is worth until you know what someone is willing to do to get it...

(thank you Jesus for saying I am to die for!)

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could inspire ya...it truly is a lifelong journey though, and I really think it's cool that you've applied that statement to other areas of your life.

    I sorta kinda lifted it from something a friend said to me a while ago "if you say yes to all the good things, there's no room (ie: energy, time, resources) for the BEST things."

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete