Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day Eight: Count it all Joy!


Being a stay at home mom is a job.. lots of us know it is hard whether you have one child or 18 children.. it is a job that can be difficult. I think it is definately more valued now that I am older then it was when I was growing up.

There are days when my blessings become a job too. I love my children.. I say that a lot (maybe I am trying to convince myself) just kidding.. I really love them. But there are definately days when being in love with my kids is in a land far far away.

How do you change that. How do you change those feelings. They are ligitamet feelings yes, but do they foster worth in your home? NO...

In an effort to bring worth and value to my children and to me I started to pray for Joy for my kids. Let me tell you, God is quick to answer prayers that are in his will for you.

Within days I was laughing with my kids... laughing at my kids.. and missing my kids when they were at school or napping.

GOD YOU ARE SO GOOD TO ME!

My family has worth so I pray for Joy, as the JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!

Thank you God for this.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! What a simple, yet powerful, insight! I think I will incorporate that into my efforts in the morning. Now it will be:

    Make the bed, offer the day to the Lord, humbly ask for joy for (and with) my kids, then get dressed. Sounds like a very good way to start a day.

    ReplyDelete