Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Eighteen: Getting it done..



Today's Verse
In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets.

— Matthew 7:12 (NIV)

How do you associate this verse with getting it done... enter my 12 year old. Recently I have been seeing a change in my daughter and I have to begrudgingly take responsibility for that change...I know some of it is hormonal..and some is just plain testing limits... but I think had I modeled a better behavior for her in my own actions I might have been able to avoid some of the atypical tween behaviors that everyone has to deal with.

I would love to see my daughter not have to struggle because she causes herself grief through procrastination... It is amazing how all of these lessons I am learning seem to work together.

I believe as a woman of worth I can not only do as I say, but be an example of completing that which I start as to model a good behavior for my children and cause less grief for myself!


This is a real exercise of self control.. isn't that a fruit of the Spirit? Thank you God for growing me up in this process... as much as it hurts.. I know it is what is best for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment